Saturday, August 29, 2026

Butterflies & Dragonflies of Java & Sumatra

These are some of the butterflies and dragonflies that I photo'd in Java and Sumatra in August 2026. There are a few I've not specifically identified, please leave a comment if you can offer a suggestion.

Butterflies on Java

Angled Castor Ariadne ariadne

Chocolate Pansy Junonia iphita

Common Cerulean Jamides celena

Cyrestis lutea

Papilio arjuna

Butterflies on Sumatra

Papilio sataspes

01


Common Jester Symbrenthia hippoclus

Common Jester underside

02

Jungle Jade Swallowtail Papilio karna

Common Cruiser Vindula erota

Wizard Rhinopalpa polynice

Wizard underside

Circe Hestinalis nama

Veined Grass Dart Taractrocera luzonensis

Malayan Lacewing Cethosia hypsea

Short-banded Sailor Neptis columella

Dragonflies on Java

Orthretrum sp

Dragonflies on Sumatra

Vestalis sp

Neurothemis sp

Treehugger Tyriobapta torrida


No comments:

Post a Comment

Butterflies & Dragonflies of Java & Sumatra

These are some of the butterflies and dragonflies that I photo'd in Java and Sumatra in August 2026. There are a few I've not specif...